People who are keen on losing weight may not know that there is an easy and quick method to do so. The easy and quick method to lose weight is by drinking lots of water. Drinking water helps to lose weight effortlessly. Water keeps the body hydrated and promotes weight loss. The person drinking water feels healthier. Majority of the fluids in the body comprise of water. Bodily fluids such as digestive juices, blood, urine, lymph and perspiration, digestion, circulation and lubrication comprise of water. Water plays an important role in transporting several nutrients such as vitamins, minerals and carbohydrates to the cells. Water deficiency will lead to dehydration. Ensure that you take enough water to keep your body hydrated.
Importance of water in weight loss
Keeping the body hydrated is the key to weight loss. Research suggests drinking 8-10 glasses of water per day can aid in weight loss. Water is essential for flushing out toxins from the fat cells. It is important to burn the fat cells and this can be done by freeing them of excess water and toxins. Water acts as a weight loss aid when you are on a diet, as it helps you in consuming less. Drinking water is vital during weight loss because it hydrates the body without making you consume unwanted calories. You feel fuller soon by drinking water before any meal. There are several other reasons why water is considered a vital part of your diet.
- Water helps in initial weight loss and drinking an adequate amount of water helps in restoring the fluid level in your body.
- Consuming water keeps your body hydrated, which slows down the fat burning process.
- Water lubricates your joints and helps in toning of muscles. Muscle and joint soreness while exercising is drastically reduced by consuming water.
- Water plays an important role in maintaining and regulating body temperature.
- Water helps in activating hydrolytic enzymes such as lipase, amylase, and protease.
- Insufficient water intake can result in constipation and water is needed for proper functioning of intestines.
Benefits of water in weight loss
Burning Calories: Water intake burns calories easily. Research studies found that people who consumed 70 ounces of water burnt more calories than those who do not drink water. Water speeds up the calorie burning procedure and it is because of this that people lose weight faster.
Reduces Hunger: Consuming water before each meal is a healthy habit, as it keeps you fuller. You feel less hungry and tend to eat less, which automatically results in weight loss.
Increases Stamina and keeps you energized: Water aids in transporting oxygen to the body. Oxygen helps in pumping muscles and energizing them. You have the ability to exercise for longer duration because your stamina increases.