Breakfast – A successful strategy for weight loss
Breakfast is regarded as the most important meal of the day. Breakfast is good for health and provides a nutritious diet. Majority of us skip this meal due to reasons like trying to lose weight and lack of appetite. Skipping breakfast when you want to lose weight is not the key to cut calories. Studies suggest eating a healthy breakfast is the most successful way to lose weight easily.
Link between eating breakfast and weight loss
Skipping breakfast can slow down your metabolic rate and result in drop of blood sugar levels. You get the feeling of increased hunger and have less energy when you skip breakfast. However, when you eat breakfast, your body feels full and satisfied. People who skip breakfast tend to consume more calories throughout the day, which results in weight gain. This is because feeling of hunger increases during the day and you tend to eat more fatty foods. Breakfast is essential in providing you energy throughout the day, after fasting all night. A healthy breakfast keeps your blood sugar levels under control, which gives more energy throughout the day. Lack of energy can leave you feeling lethargic and you tend to exercise less. More energy keeps you active enough for exercising and burning calories, thereby resulting in weight loss.
Importance of breakfast in weight loss
Breakfast is vital for effective weight loss. Here are a few reasons as to why breakfast is considered to be the most important meal for weight loss.
- It helps in reducing hunger, which makes you consume less throughout the day.
- Breakfast is important as it allows you to select healthy foods. You select foods that are nutritious and less in fat.
- By skipping breakfast you lose out on consuming fruits and vegetables, a good part of your healthy diet.
- For most people who do not drink water in middle of the night, consuming milk or juice for breakfast helps the body to get dehydrated again.
Best and healthy breakfast for weight loss
- Whole grains: Whole grains keep you feeling full and are a healthy choice for breakfast. Eating whole grains make you feel less hungry; you consume lesser calories, which help in weight loss.
- Eggs help in limiting calorie intake throughout the day. Therefore you consume fewer calories and tend to lose weight.
- Fruits and vegetables are low in calories and free of unhealthy fats. Adding these in your breakfast will prevent several health problems, such as cancer, high blood pressure and cardiovascular disease.
Benefits of breakfast