Not all calories are created equal. Different foods go through different metabolic pathways in the body. They can have vastly different effects on hunger, hormones and how many calories we burn.
Here are the 7 most weight loss friendly foods on earth, that are supported by science:
1. Green tea– Several studies have suggested that the flavonoids and caffeine in green tea can help elevate metabolic rate, increase fat oxidation and even improve insulin activity. One study showed that those who consumed green tea and caffeine lost an average of 2.9 pounds during a 12-week period while sticking to their regular diet.
2. Almonds- have a well-deserved reputation as a health food. They’re high in beneficial nutrients like magnesium, vitamin E and copper. And while almonds aren’t a low-calorie food, they can fit well into a weight loss diet. Enjoy an ounce of almonds as a healthy on-the-go snack, or pair them with other weight loss-friendly foods like oats or vegetables to lose weight.
3. Pistachios– These are heart-healthy nut full of nutrients to benefit your weight loss plan. While they’re relatively high in calories, a diet rich in nuts is actually linked to leaner body composition and healthier body weights, according to the Linus Pauling Institute.
4. Avocados- It makes a great nutrient-boosting breakfast item when combined with eggs they also make a great post-workout snack. Avocados contribute good, unsaturated fat and are a good source of fiber, while the eggs provide high-quality protein that encourages muscle tissue repair and growth.
5. Legumes- Eating one serving of beans, peas, lentils or chickpeas every day may help dieters lose a little extra weight, according to a new analysis of existing research. Researchers examined data from nearly two dozen trials and found that participants who ate about three-quarters of a cup of legumes every day lost about three-quarters of a pound more than those who didn’t eat legumes, regardless of whether the diets were geared to weight loss.
6. Grapefruit- Diet is a protein-rich meal plan that focuses on consuming grapefruit or grapefruit juice at every meal. The diet’s goal is quick weight loss, and it’s a 12-day plan. While several versions of the diet exist, the majority of them include a daily caloric intake of fewer than 1,000 calories.
7. Yogurt- is full of health benefits. Yogurt is probiotic, which means ‘for life’. Yogurt is associated with probiotic bacteria that are extremely helpful for the smooth functioning of the digestive system.